DON’T LET ANXIETY AND STRESS HOLD YOUR PET BACK
If your pet is suffering from anxiety, they may be tense, worried, on edge, or displaying abnormal behaviors. Alpha-Stim® provides fast, safe and effective relief without drugs or lasting side effects.
FEARS, PHOBIAS, STRESS AND ANXIETY
Most animals at some time in their life can experience fear. It is the instinctual feeling of apprehension resulting from a situation, person, or object presenting an external threat — whether real or perceived. The response of the autonomic nervous system prepares the body for the freeze, fight, or flight. This behavior is normal and essential for adaptation and survival. But the format in which it is used may become abnormal and inappropriate, turning into anxiety.
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS IN DOGS
A phobia is the persistent and excessive fear of a specific stimulus, usually to noise. Like thunderstorms or fireworks. Any event associated with it or the memory of it is enough to create a fearful response.
Anxiety is the anticipation of future dangers from unknown or imagined sources. It results in sympathetic nervous system responses, like elimination (i.e., urination and/or passage of bowel movements), destruction, and excessive vocalization (i.e., barking, crying). Separation anxiety is the most common specific anxiety in companion dogs.
Inciting causes can originate from:
- Aging changes associated with nervous system
- Lead, mercury, and aluminum toxicity may lead to behavioral problems
- Fear from a terrible experience; dog may have been forced into an unfamiliar and frightening experience
- Dogs that are deprived of social and environmental exposure until 14 weeks of age may become habitually fearful
- Illnesses or painful physical conditions
- Separation anxiety: history of abandonment, multiple owners, rehoming, or prior neglect is common
SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS IN CATS
What stresses one cat could be totally ignored by another, even in the same household. Stress can lead to anxiety. For the cat owner it is good to be aware of triggers that could be considered a “problem” to some felines.
Having new furniture, carpet or floor installed at home, loud music being played, dirty litter box conditions or a change in brand of litter, food changes, travel, being denied access to particular hiding place, appearance of a strange cat in the yard, a barking dog, visitors in the home, moving to a new home, death or divorce in family, any new additions (2 or 4-legged), illness, abuse, injury.
Signs of stress or anxiety in cats may include:
- Loss of appetite
- Excessive grooming , eventually causing excessive alopecia
- Less interaction with family members
- Change in the relationship with companion cats
- Elimination outside of the litter box
AGGRESSION IN DOGS
Fear aggression is a sympathetic dominant expression. The flight or fight response triggered by the adrenal gland response to a mental signal. Not all fearful dogs bite. They may only growl or bark aggressively in situations that upset them. These dogs generally react inappropriately when they sense an intrusion and worsen if they feel cornered. Inadequate or improper socialization when a youngster can make accepting new things difficult as the dog becomes an adult.
Signs: Low held head, wrinkling of the nose, curled lips and exposed teeth, corners of mouth pulled back, ears pulled back and often pinned to the head, hackles raised, tail tucked, body lowered, panting fast in nervous state.
Dominant aggressive dogs will have head held high, just exposing front teeth, ears are up and forward, tail up and stiff with maybe a slight wagging motion, upright stiff stance, no panting.
Studies have also shown aggressive dogs have lower levels of serotonin and higher levels of the stress hormone cortisol. A 20 minute treatment with Alpha-Stim CES has shown to increase serotonin and beta endorphins up to 200%. Is cumulative and long lasting with successive treatments.
Benefits of Microcurrent Therapy:
- Raise serotonin and beta-endorphins to calm and induce an alpha state
- Stimulates synthesis of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) – an immediate energy source for muscle contraction and essential in the metabolism of all organisms
- Stimulates cellular reproduction
- Relaxes muscles
- Stimulates nerve transmission
- Stimulates acupuncture points and immune response
- Reduces scar tissue and stimulates wound healing
- Stimulates production of collagen – the most important component of wound healing
- Increases blood capillary circulation and vascular activity
- Increases RNA/DNA synthesis for replacement of damaged cells
Get quick, sustainable relief from acute, chronic, and post-traumatic pain, while also treating other conditions often associated with pain such as anxiety, depression, and insomnia.
The Alpha-Stim results are impressive!
Following a vaccination a 4 year old Yorkshire Terrier developed a fever, followed by a rash, and then paralysis in both rear legs. The neurologist gave his family a 20-40% chance of ever walking again. This is when he was brought to me. I immediately initiated Alpha-Stim microcurrent therapy. By 10 days he as using his right rear leg and then a few days later he developed some motor function in the left rear leg. This was a happy day!
On the first visit he lacked any deep pain. Now is deep pain positive both rear limbs – I love my career and Alpha Stim Microcurrent therapy!
“Alpha-Stim helps to keep our horses competitive. We take it with us on the road.”
Start relieving your animal’s fears, phobias, anxieties and aggression today.